More Houston Industrial New Construction ProjectsPosted
Back in November 2013, I wrote of “Unprecedented Growth” in the Houston area industrial new construction of distribution facilities which, at that time, amounted to more than 10 million square feet in 24 projects. Those individual projects, their square footage and their developers were listed in that news release.
Well, since then, there have been 22 more Houston area industrial new construction projects announced which total a near 6.4 million ADDITIONAL square feet! The new construction projects are as follows:
- Airtex Distribution Center – 225,360 sf, marketed by CBRE
- DCT Airtex Business Center – 125,454 sf, by DCT Industrial
- Ten West Crossing – 135,486 sf, by East Group
- Plaza Verde – 240,318 sf, by Hines
- World Houston International Business Center (#39) – 94,074 sf, by East Group
- Interwood North Parkway – 161,355 sf, by Verde Realty
- DCT Beltway Tanner – 132,841 sf, by DCT Industrial
- Greenspoint Business Center – 351,250 sf, by IDI
- Gateway North – 310,000 sf, by Conor Commercial
- Reed’s Landing – 147,112 sf, marketed by CBRE
- Way Out West – 88,000 sf, marketed by Cushman & Wakefield
- Northwest Park Industrial – 53,094 sf, by IDV
- South Street Industrial – 755,040 sf, marketed by Moody Rambin
- 225 Rail Port – 600,004 sf, by Avera (already leased to Frontier Logistics)
- Gateway Northwest One – 357,887 sf, by Duke Realty
- Point West Distribution Center – 534,490 sf, by Nelson Duffie
- Guhn Rd @ Northcourt – 39,600 sf, marketed by Cushman & Wakefield
- First Northwest Commerce Center – 350,820 sf, marketed by CBRE
- West 45 Distribution Center – 568,400 sf, marketed by CBRE
- Northwest Crossing Industrial – 259,350 sf, by Carson Cos.
- West Ten Business Park – 142,880 sf, marketed by Cushman & Wakefield
- Interstate Commerce Center – 718,000 sf, by Copeland & Hillwood (Dallas)
In the 40+ years I have been handling the brokerage of Houston industrial real estate projects, I have NEVER seen anything like this. Interestingly still, rents seem to be holding up and there continues to be strong demand for those well planned projects, near major thoroughfares and with competitive pricing. We will see if our user industries can occupy all this space, or if we see a return to the disaster of the ‘80s. Stay tuned!
Michael Hill Properties offers more than 40 years of experience in brokering commercial industrial properties, such as distribution warehousing and manufacturing, for sale and lease in the Greater Houston Area as well as outside of Houston. For more information on Michael Hill Properties, visit mhprop.com or call (713) 960-6060.